Monday, August 23, 2010

Nature Study

This year, rather than doing a Sonlight Science, Annie is going to pursue nature study, recording her findings in a nature journal, doing a little research to find out more about our findings and then publishing her findings in her own nature blog.

We started last week by raising some monarch caterpillars. Today we went to a local park to see what we could find. Here are a few things:
A little tiny bug that looked like a leaf. We will try to identify it tomorrow. Annie sketched this in her notebook and tomorrow will also color it.
Millipede
White fuzzy looking fungus
Teeny frog. You can spot him on the right side of the light colored piece of bark by the green leaves.
Another fungus. Some type of mushroom?

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience. She will be so much more knowledgeable than most kids her age. I wish I could get my kids excited about homeschooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why it logged me in as alexander. I know its close to april but I never told it any name at all

    ReplyDelete