Saturday, February 21, 2009

Begin Your Adventure!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” --Mark Twain


I remember my fears when I first considered embarking on this adventure. Can I really do this? Will I be able to teach math? Will my kids get into college? Will I be too weird? Will my kids turn out weird? Am I going to ruin them? What about me? Will *I* have a life?... Perhaps you have similar fears.

That first year we had kindergartner, a 2-year-old and a baby. We discovered Sonlight Curriculum and enjoyed reading interesting books and learning new things together. We solidified our relationships by being together. I kept thinking how grateful I was that I didn't have to wake my son up early, pack his lunch and send him off to school. He was able to play with his siblings and be under my watchful eye so that I could continue to instruct and mold long after we had "finished school!"

One year followed the next, with siblings joining us as they were able. Twelve years have gone by and our lives are so rich from this experience. No, it hasn't always been easy, but parenting isn't either and I love that job as well! Oh, and for the record, I don't think we're weird!

If you would like some help in choosing curriculum or just someone to share your fears with, I'd be happy to help! It is my passion to help parents cast off their bowlines and head out into new waters. I happy to share my experience with you!

Ready to begin the adventure? Let's go!






No comments:

Post a Comment