Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coastal Florida Curriculum Fair

I just returned from my first convention for 2012 where I was able to encourage, advise, counsel and mentor new homeschoolers or just new-to-Sonlight homeschoolers. It was a great but tiring time and now I'm enjoying getting off my feet.

Here are a few shots...
Catalog passer-outer extraordinaire! She also gets to play the mom sympathy card. She met a few other Italians around and had fun chatting with them. One lady in particular was the Florida Virtual School vendor. The other was Math-U-See. And a nice gentleman, who helped us load up the car, 's parents are from Portofino.

Look Kelly! Ironed tablecloths!

View from the other side. I love having the banners and not having to worry about hanging a sign...
With a two-booth display I had to tweak the arrangement. I have the small racks because my next event is larger and is in 2 weeks. So I took 4 small racks with me and did a P 3/4 & P 4/5 and A display in one with 100-400 in the other one on the front table. Then I did a smaller LA and Sci display on the back tables. 
It worked fine. The Gr. 3 MSP  is great!
It got to be freezing for a while until we told handy-man George and he turned the a/c up to 70...from 60! This is what mom likes to do when it's slow...that dang Iphone!
Here's the headshot for Lynn! I really need a haircut...hopefully I can squeeze in some time this week between advising, homeschooling, co-op, physical therapy and TYPING CARDS!

2 comments:

  1. THANKS Sheila! THAT is EXACTLY what I came here looking for!!! Woo HOOOooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blush! Your tablecloths - and the whole booth - look wonderful, Sheila! I know you were able to bless a lot of homeschoolers by helping them to see what home education can be.

    ReplyDelete